10.26.2010

{nauvoo temple :: day three}
we woke up saturday morning, rented a car, repacked, and headed out on our five hour drive. we made it just in time for our 4:30 baptism appointment. we changed out of our pajamas into dresses in the car. ha.
looking like wet rats. our experience was unique and so special. i feel like it would ruin it to try and put it into words. something i will never forget.


twelve years ago my dads parents served a mission in nauvoo. this is the little house they lived in! i was seven and we came and stayed with them for a week. either i grew or the house really is way small cause i look like im as big as it. my head goes to the roof! hello giant.
my grandmother directed the "rendesvous" show the senior missionaries put on while she was serving here. so of course we had to go watch it, and tell her it was better when she was in charge. ha unfortunately no pics, but it was darling.
ps we were seriously loving the fall leaves.
a good way to start our nauvoo experience!!

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!! Your mom was telling us about her coming out there to see you....I bet you guys are having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day I would like to go visit Nauvoo and surrounding area!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh BTW, "Slack" is from Dylan and Riley's Blog!! I don't actually have an account, and this is Nancy...

    ReplyDelete